Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ruled By Numbers

I don't know about anyone else but I have bought and subsequently thrown away god knows how many scales.

I know what I'm like, I obsess with scales. How much do I weigh and all the mental hell that comes with it. So after a few months of this behaviour I get so mad at myself that I throw them away. And then time rolls by and I'm wondering how much do I weigh and I know why I threw them away but there's suddenly a need to know and have these in the house.

However, during my last success with weightloss and not using scales, I realised that I really didnt need or want them. My doctor would check my weight every 6 months when I got my blood pressure taken and a review of the pill I'm on, so I could base my success around my tape measure results. Trust me that's the best thing. If you use clothes, great, but dont be defined by the size. We all know you can be a size 18 in one shop and 12 in another (obviously, by my rules that makes you a size 12) but more satisfaction comes from the tape measure. That isn't biased about muscle vs fat or weight, its pure inches coming off your body.

Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment