And so we are here again, the sunny days, daring us to remove layers and revert to flipflops after months of feet stuffed into socks situations. It's frightening, when you've been thinking last summer "right, this Winter, I'm going to work SO hard down the gym and then when next Spring comes, I'm going to introduce my new toned self to the world". Then winter comes and along with winter comes? Hot Chocolate, Stodgy heavy dinners and enough layers to cover up the bits you're hoping might magically have gone by next Spring with little input from yourself.
The Spring comes and it's panic stations all round. What the hell happened to the winter plan, why was I so lazy? Bikini? I can't wear one of THOSE? No, not a tankini, mankini or any other kini, it's all gone wrong, no no no, get me wetsuit and we'll say no more about it.
And then, now, the gyms and pools are full of close to tears women, working their theoretical nuts off in a bid to lose 3 stones in 2 days, ready for their holiday.
So they say that what you can notice a difference in your body if you work out 3 - 4 times a week, after 6 weeks. Yes you might notice a difference, but it's not going to be a dramatic, oh my god, all my clothes are too big now! type of difference, it might mean that your clothes are a little looser or you look a little trimmer in places, so for safe and noticeable differences, it's got to be sensible. Distressing, telling the truth news, so it is.
I'm with you if you're thinking that a vest top without a cardigan is a big thumbs down for you stomach, hips and arms. Or if shorts or even cropped jeans make you actually want to vom.
Make a plan and stick to it for 6 weeks. Take your measurements and go you know what, 6 weeks out of my life is NOTHING. Write down those evil thoughts and make a positivity card about why you want to lose weight (I got this from the Beck Diet Solution - so so effective) and then everytime you reach for that dessert or glass of wine, just sneak a peak at the little card and think again. Or if you do have those things, know you may need to work a lot harder next workout.
I've pinned mine to my wardrobe so everytime I go to get my clothes out I'm reminded whether I've done my work out or not. Week 1 I was like a model student. I completed my exercises and at the very end, I awarded myself with a haircut.
Then I had a holiday and as we all often find, once you've taken a break from exercising, you can lose it and be all "i'm FINE, i LIKE the way I look..." but deep down you know you need to get back to it. So week 3 and day 1, I'm thinking hmm, i could exercise now. An hour later, I could exercise now. If I don't just do it tonight, then what will happen is that the negativity for this week will start.
Procrastination.....be gone! :-)
The Spring comes and it's panic stations all round. What the hell happened to the winter plan, why was I so lazy? Bikini? I can't wear one of THOSE? No, not a tankini, mankini or any other kini, it's all gone wrong, no no no, get me wetsuit and we'll say no more about it.
And then, now, the gyms and pools are full of close to tears women, working their theoretical nuts off in a bid to lose 3 stones in 2 days, ready for their holiday.
So they say that what you can notice a difference in your body if you work out 3 - 4 times a week, after 6 weeks. Yes you might notice a difference, but it's not going to be a dramatic, oh my god, all my clothes are too big now! type of difference, it might mean that your clothes are a little looser or you look a little trimmer in places, so for safe and noticeable differences, it's got to be sensible. Distressing, telling the truth news, so it is.
I'm with you if you're thinking that a vest top without a cardigan is a big thumbs down for you stomach, hips and arms. Or if shorts or even cropped jeans make you actually want to vom.
Make a plan and stick to it for 6 weeks. Take your measurements and go you know what, 6 weeks out of my life is NOTHING. Write down those evil thoughts and make a positivity card about why you want to lose weight (I got this from the Beck Diet Solution - so so effective) and then everytime you reach for that dessert or glass of wine, just sneak a peak at the little card and think again. Or if you do have those things, know you may need to work a lot harder next workout.
I've pinned mine to my wardrobe so everytime I go to get my clothes out I'm reminded whether I've done my work out or not. Week 1 I was like a model student. I completed my exercises and at the very end, I awarded myself with a haircut.
Then I had a holiday and as we all often find, once you've taken a break from exercising, you can lose it and be all "i'm FINE, i LIKE the way I look..." but deep down you know you need to get back to it. So week 3 and day 1, I'm thinking hmm, i could exercise now. An hour later, I could exercise now. If I don't just do it tonight, then what will happen is that the negativity for this week will start.
Procrastination.....be gone! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment