Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It's My Choice and I will Cry If I Want To

So after some decent amount of super analysing self and like minded people, my friend and I came up with the simplest of theories. If you have the choice to do things, then you do not feel the pressure.

My natural instinct, when a demand is forced upon me is to go...hmmm...no I don't think I will be doing that now. I need the freedom to choose and funnily enough, as soon as I have that control, suddenly I feel empowered and actually find myself behaving on the diet and exercise front.

My diet is generally up and down, sometimes I'm good, sometimes I'm bad but mostly I'm just even. I try to make it balanced but life does sometimes get in the way. But now that I have taken myself off of a diet and am making the choice about what I eat, now I feel great and out of spite to the bad food, I don't want them as much. The 3pm chocolate craving has gone because as soon as I stopped saying to myself "you really can't eat chocolate" i naturally craved it and decided I would have it to spite....well to spite myself it seemed. But I haven't thought about it or had it for about a couple of weeks now, which is for me, a huge achievement.

And for my exercising, I have set up a commitment of 3x a week and mostly I've stuck to that with the odd day of not being able to- of not having made time for it. Yet on the days inbetween my workouts, I'm actually missing doing something active. I never thought this could happen to me.

Another thing I realised is, that this whole you must have three square meals a day and 2 snacks inbetween - who says? These are my rules! If I want to skip breakfast and feel sluggish, dammit I will! If i decide I don't need dinner because I ate enough today, then that's what I will do. I wont be dictacted to, people!

So with 10lbs now lost from my body and the realisation that at 29, unless I do start exercising more, that I will actually be left with a whole lot of loose skin, I feel I'm on a really steady path here.

I think I found the key to my success and who knew that the answer lay in something that was so simple. It makes WeightWatchers, Slimming World, Dukan Diet, all of them just meaningless to me now as I don't want to pay towards lectures and weigh-ins (I'll take the cookbooks though, given my love of food).

Time to love yourself and make the best of yourself - after all it's you who looks at you in the mirror, you need to start liking what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment