Thursday, July 21, 2011

One Week til Holiday - Doughnut? I'll take 20 thanks

So with a week to go until my holiday, I'm doing a slow burn panic. I'm in denial. I've stopped exercising and eating it seems (that has more to do with spending so much money on books I don't need and holiday clothes that I probably can't fit in to by now) and all with a week to go. I'm under no illusion. I know there will be beaches and sunshine and the option to wear jeans and a baggy covering up top will be all but eliminated by touch down and yet what am I doing about it? The dvd that I was so dedicated to, is starting to gather a fine layer of dust now. The chocolate bars however are also doing the same. I have not fancied them. Or much other food really. I must have gone into starvation mode. I mean when I look in the mirror I can see that I really would be OK if I couldn't find food for a while, I have plenty of reserves hanging off every single flaccid muscle.

But this of course is not the healthy happy attitude. Because I'm a right moody cow in all honesty. I'm snappy and stressed and tired and confused. And that is not the way to start a holiday!!

So I need to sort it out. I need to get near a pool as that is where I feel at my happiest to be honest, around the soothing feeling of water. Irony being that to go to a pool I need to be wearing a swimsuit, the one item of clothing that cannot disguise how I look!

I'm not ruling out any bad food though, I just find that I've not really picked it up. I had the odd thing, like a doughnut and a MacDonalds in the last month, strict no-no foods in the run up to a holiday, but I've stripped back carbs quite a bit, just to ease off the sluggish feelings I've had with such a wheat high diet and it's really helped. I've only eaten when I'm hungry, I've not abided by "3 meals a day".

So maybe I have got it under control on the eating side (although maybe it does sound all a bit all over the place) but the exercising, well no that is not too good in all honesty!

Anyway no doubt I will continue procrastinating about this, so I may as well spend the last of my money on more clever cover up clothes and hope to drop a few more pounds before next week. Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment