Hmm, so last week, we decided to check out our weight on the scales at the gym. I am not a massive fan of scales as I found myself getting obsessive about them. So they got banned from my house and I took to judging my weight by clothes, which I believe is healthier. We decided that once a month will be enough to keep a check on how we are doing.
So really, I had no idea just how much I would weigh. Having yourself reduced to a number is difficult because regardless of what you have in your mind, you don't always at first realise how much you should weigh. So that number will probably seem high. I was naturally very disappointed and if I am honest, close to throwing up, when I saw the number. I argued that I was wearing jeans and had just woken up (i am not sure how that changes anything, I was upset I was not thinking rationally).. but it made me swim with more fervour than ever. I also spent the day in post-scales depression. Then I remembered Juliette said there is literally no point in being depressed as it doesnt get you anywhere. So I decided to work out my Body Mass Index. After a few conversions = sorry but Stones, not Kilo's please = it would seem I'm on the left hand side of overweight. In my opinion that means im closer to normal weight than obesity... The point is I AM OVERWEIGHT. A fact I have now reasoned can be changed, will be changed. I noted down my hip to waist ratio, which turns out to be healthy and "excellent", which is cool, then I made a note to myself - only I can change myself. If I don't have the body I want, it is ME stopping myself from having that. So now I need to make changes - changes to my exercising, my diet, everything. And you know what? I can't wait. I am going to have the figure I desire, the stamina I need and the satisfaction of knowing I did it all myself, no cheating. How can I not look forward to all that is to come ? Skinny jeans, a swimsuit, a thong, shorts - hell, I could be in a position to wear all of these and not look like a beached whale! Urr dream come true!
Do i sound like a preacher? No! I am motivating myself out loud. I have a renewed faith in this losing weight malarkey and I will go out of my way now to increase what I am doing and keep a close eye on the results! Woop woop!
No comments:
Post a Comment